I have this great theology teacher who is immensely intelligent, has a deep love of both God and people and, inexplicably, is also Funny. I've been taking notes on some of the funny things he says, and since we just took our midterm in that class, I thought it was time to share the wealth. So, every Monday night I get to hang out, learn about God and laugh heartily at sayings like the following:
1. Don’t read your Bible. It’s corrosive to your faith and it messes up your prophecy conferences.
2. One of my least favorite things is fundamentalism.
3. If Jesus returns, put your exam in the recycle bin. Not in the trash, because Jesus cares about that.
4. They asked me my opinion. That was a mistake. Because I gave it to them.
5. Martin Luther was probably bi-polar. If he were around today we would put him on meds and the reformation would have never happened.
6. ‘Nuke ‘em for Jesus’ doesn’t ring quite true for me.
This is a fun class, and the guy is a great teacher. His name is Gerry Breshears. I told my wife, "I would be happy if, when I die, someone writes, 'Matt was like a dumb version of Gerry Breshears' on my tombstone."
here, here - he, and you, are some of my heroes....I think the tombstone is on it's way...keep your finger on the text...ReplyDelete
"I think the tombstone is on it's way."ReplyDelete
Do you know something I don't know?
I have a sudden, creepy feeling.
yes, didn't you see the trailer to the upcoming movie, Howard Crink - where emma thompson is writing a novel about a real life (Will Farrell) dude. That's me and you - you're the dude...do you hear voices in your head yet?ReplyDelete
Don't worry, it's not time to kill you off yet.
and by the way, my verification word for this comment is sklemnyl
sound like one of your fancy schmancy hebrew words - what's it mean?